OT: Code Examples

Nicholas Devenish misnomer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:09:35 EST 2011

On 01/03/2011 09:24, Richard Dobson wrote:
> But - I am ~still~ caught out by the
> semantic significance of indenting. Looks OK enough on paper, but doing
> it interactively is another matter.

I still don't fully understand this argument. With Python, I am still
doing indentation almost exactly the same way I was in any other
language (and should be - I haven't ever seen any arguments for not
indenting logical blocks).

The only difference is, I don't need to put a block-end-identifier.

I suppose I see how one could argue that this could potentially cause
*mildly* confusing code, but only in extreme examples, and mainly only
for multi-screen functions, that should rarely exist (and these are
confusing even with bracketed blocks).