OT: Code Examples

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:30:14 EST 2011

On 2/28/11 10:03 AM, Fred Marshall wrote:
> I'm interested in developing Python-based programs, including an engineering
> app. ... re-writing from Fortran and C versions. One of the objectives would to
> be make reasonable use of the available structure (objects, etc.). So, I'd like
> to read a couple of good, simple scientific-oriented programs that do that kind
> of thing.

You may want to take a look at Clear Climate Code. It is a rewrite of an old,
hairy FORTRAN climate analysis program with the goal of making it clearer and
easier to understand. That's somewhat different from having an example of what
you would write de novo, but it might help give you strategies for the process
of translating your own FORTRAN and C engineering codes.

   http://clearclimatecode.org/

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."