Strange occasional marshal error

Graham Stratton grahamstratton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:26:30 EST 2011

On Mar 3, 6:04 pm, Guido van Rossum <gu... at python.org> wrote:
> This bug report doesn't mention the Python version nor the platform --
> it could in theory be a bug in the platform compiler or memory
> allocator.

I've seen the problem with 2.6 and 2.7, on RHEL 4 (possibly with a
custom kernel, I can't check at the moment).

> It would also be nice to provide the test program that
> reproduces the issue.

I'm working on trying to reproduce it without the proprietary code
that uses it, but so far haven't managed it. There are some custom C
extensions in the system where this is observed, but since the code is
single-threaded I don't think they can have any effect during
marshalling.

Thanks,

Graham