Numerical representation

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:58:26 EST 2011

On 3/4/11 5:49 PM, Santoso Wijaya wrote:
> Have you taken a look at numpy? [1] It was written for exactly this kind of usage.
>
> ~/santa
>
> [1] http://numpy.scipy.org/

While numpy does provide arrays much like MATLAB's, it won't help at all for the
precision issues the OP is encountering (and honestly doesn't help much when
implementing an RK integrator, except as input and output data structures).
Python, numpy, and MATLAB all use double-precision floating point numbers by
default.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."