Generate PDF with Tamil font problem

Tom Zych freethinker at pobox.com
Sat Mar 5 06:58:53 EST 2011

satheesh at e-ndicus.com wrote:
>    I am using python's reportlab to print some unicode Tamil characters
> 'பே'. I added necessary unicode font to reportlab. But It
> prints the output as 'ேப' (in reverse order). This issue
> happens for multi-byte characters, whereas for character 'ப' is
> printed as it is.
> I am struggling to figure out the issue. Any help would see me on track.

Something similar came up on stackoverflow recently, though that was
with tkinter. Might shed some light.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5166488/

Tom Zych / freethinker at pobox.com
"Would you like a lovely fluffy little white rabbit, little girl,
or a cutesy wootesly little brown rabbit?"
"Actually, I don't think my python would notice."