Absolutely Insane Problem with Gmail

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:27:31 EST 2011

Hi;
I have this code:

#!/usr/bin/python

import sys, os, string
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
import cgi
cwd = os.getcwd()
dirs = string.split(cwd, '/')
dirs = dirs[1:-1]
backLevel = '/' + string.join(dirs, '/')
sys.path.append(cwd)
sys.path.append(backLevel)
import string
form = cgi.FieldStorage()
// all the fields here
subject = 'Order For Maya 2012'
msg = 'First Name: %s\nLast Name: %s\nEmail Address: %s\nAddress2: %s, City:
%s\nState: %s\nCountry: %s\nZip: %s\nPhone: %s\nFax: %s\nMessage: %s\n' %
(firstNameText, lastNameText, emailText, addrText, addr2Te
xt, cityText, stateText, countryText, zipText, faxText, messageText)
### LOOK AT THESE TWO LINES
ourEmail = 'myemailaddr at gmail.com'
ourEmail = 'qqq at xxx.com'

def my_mail():
  emailOne()
  emailTwo()

def emailOne():
  from simplemail import Email
  Email(
      from_address = ourEmail,
      to_address = emailText,
      subject = 'Thank you for your order!',
      message = msg
  ).send()

def emailTwo():
  from simplemail import Email
  Email(
  from simplemail import Email
  Email(
#      from_address = emailText,
#      to_address = ourEmail,
      from_address = ourEmail,
      to_address = emailText,
      subject = 'Order for Maya 2012',
      message = msg
  ).send()

print '''Content-type: text/html

<head>
<title></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../css/style.css">
</head>
my_mail()
print '''
'''

Now what's absolutely crazy about this is that if I use my online form and
enter my gmail address I get the email confirmations. However, if I get rid
of that garbage value for ourEmail and use the other one which is the
_very_same_gmail_address I get nothing!! No email. Ditto if I uncomment
those lines in emailTwo and delete the next two lines. What on earth could
be doing this???
TIA,
Beno