What do I need to know in order to write a web application in python?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 13:46:30 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:

> ErichCart ErichCart <erichcart at gmail.com> writes:
> > By real-time, I mean that I want it to be similar to the way instant
> > online chess works. Something like here: instantchess.com, but for
> > RISK.
>
> If you want to do that in a web browser, the main technique for it is
> called AJAX and you'd write your application in Javascript.

Pyjamas could probably do this nicely.

It's a python -> javascript translator, along with a set of widgets that
allow you to write AJAX web interfaces and desktop applications - from the
same codebase, just a different runtime.  The feel of such coding is
purportedly very much like writing a desktop application.

Only thing is, the tests don't currently work that well in Google Chrome.
But for Firefox and IE, it's already supposed to be pretty good.