Python language changes that first shipped in something besides CPython?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 8 20:17:20 EST 2011

On 3/8/2011 4:39 PM, Larry Hastings wrote:

> I'm doing a talk at PyCon about changes to the Python language. I'm
> wondering: are there any Python language changes that first shipped in
> an implementation of Python besides CPython?
>
> The sort of answer I'm looking for: "set literals first shipped in
> Jython 2.2, six months before they shipped in CPython 2.3". (Note that
> that specific answer is wrong in every important detail.)

For that type of feature, I am pretty sure the answer is no. There are
developers from other implementations that have cpython commit rights
and they have contributed new tests. Modules? I have never seen 'We
first did this with xpython on the tracker, but it is possible.

The best place to ask is the developer lists for each project.
gmane.comp.lang.jython.devel
gmane.comp.python.pypy
gmane.comp.pyhton.ironpython.user (no devel here)

--
Terry Jan Reedy