my computer is allergic to pickles

Bob Fnord bob at example.com
Wed Mar 9 14:51:42 EST 2011

"Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hellwig at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/03/2011 01:56, Bob Fnord wrote:
> <cut>
> > Any comments, suggestions?
> >
> No but I have a bunch of pseudo-questions :-)
>
> What version of python are you using? How about your OS and bitspace
> (32/64)? Have you also tried using the non-c pickle module?  If the data
> is very simple in structure, perhaps serializing to CSV might be an option?

python 2.6.6

ubuntu 64 bit

The library ref says cPickle is "optimized" and "up to 1000 times
faster than pickle" but of course doesn't mention memory.

The data to save (and load in another python program) is a dict
with keys = tuples of strings (including " ' , and other
troublesome characters) and values = lists of strings and
integers. As the 1st program runs, it adds new keys AND changes
the contents of the value lists. (The 2nd program only reads the
dict into memory, analyzes it, and prints to STDOUT.)