Purely historic question: VT200 text graphic programming

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Mar 10 14:55:02 EST 2011

On 2011-03-10, Charles Turner <vze26m98 at optonline.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 00:38:11 -0600, GrayShark <howe.steven at gmail.com>
>
>> Once, many, many, years ago, I programmed some type of 'graphical'
>> interface on a VT200 terminal
>
> A wild guess: Prestel? Bildschirmtext? Telidon? Teletex? NAPLPS?

Eh?  Those are viddotex/teletext systems aren't they?

I thought the OP was talking about a character-based windowing and
form-handling library used by applications that ran under VAX/VMS on
vt200 terminals.  The vt200 wasn't a TV.  It was a character-based,
mostly-ANSI-escape-sequence, computer terminal connected via async
serial (RS-232 typically) to a mini/mainframe computer (a DEC VAX
running VMS in this context).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Gibble, Gobble, we
                                  at               ACCEPT YOU ...