Purely historic question: VT200 text graphic programming

Martin Gregorie martin at address-in-sig.invalid
Thu Mar 10 15:46:28 EST 2011

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:31:11 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> You tricked me by saying only DEC VAX/VMS programmers would know what it
> was.  In fact, many, many Unix programmers knew about curses (and still
> do) and very few VMS programmers ever did.  C wasn't very widely used
> under VMS, and VMS had it's own screen formatting and form handling
> libraries.
>
>From the context the "only DEC VAX/VMS programmers" remark applied to the
VT-100. However, the OP is wrong about that - VT-100s were well-known and
popular devices in the 8-bit microprocessor world too, together with
assorted clones. In addition, many other terminals had a VT-100 emulation
mode. IIRC all the Wyse terminals had that.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK