What do you use with Python for GUI programming and why?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Thu Mar 10 22:13:52 EST 2011

Robert <sigzero at gmail.com> writes:
> Is there a push to one toolkit or the other?

Tkinter or a simple web app with cgihttpserver.  I haven't ever had
occasion to write a fancy desktop app and I think of them as a
mostly-obsolete medium, though I guess there are still some useful ones.

I have some interest in programming mobile phone apps in python, though
haven't tried it yet.  I guess that would be with some QT toolkit (for
Maemo/Meego) or some kind of Java bridge (for Android).