IDLE doesn't start

Gennadiy Zlobin gennad.zlobin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:24:32 EDT 2011

Hi Ceonn,

Well it is obvious that these environment variables are pointing to your old
Python 2.2 installation that is located in
the C:\IBMTOOLS\Python22\tcl\tcl8.4

First, try to delete these variables and find out are they necessary to run
IDLE.
Type in console
set TCL_LIBRARY =
set TK_LIBRARY =
set PYTHONPATH =

Then try to run IDLE. If it will run ok, then you don't need these
variables, you should delete them permamently from your computer.
Please take a look at this article
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21105412

Otherwise if IDLE won't start correctly, try to set TCL_LIBRARY and
TK_LIBRARY to paths to your current Python installation. I suppose it will
be something like C:\<your_python_path>\tcl\tcl<version>

BTW if I were you, I would repeat in the same thread because other users
will not understand what discussion you are continuing.

Cheers,
- Gennadiy <gennad.zlobin at gmail.com>