organizing many python scripts, in a large corporate environment.

eryksun () eryksun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:30:14 EDT 2011

On Monday, March 14, 2011 3:56:15 PM UTC-4, eryksun () wrote:
> To be clear on the file structure, I'm picturing that 'base' is a
> path on each user's shell path where all the accessible scripts
> are linked, and that this is also the package directory.

Wait, this won't work when the script is linked to from somewhere else, which means the code still has to be based on __file__ or sys.argv[0] or sys.path[0], and have to get the absolute/real path in case it's a link.

Along those lines, you (bukzor) wrote that

> What I do right now is to symlink this library to all script
> directories to allow them to bootstrap and gain access to
> libraries not in the local directory.

Won't this also fail if it's running from a link? The link to the library won't necessarily be in the current directory.