calling 64 bit routines from 32 bit matlab on Mac OS X

Danny Shevitz shevitz at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 15 11:58:41 EDT 2011

Howdy,

I have run into an issue that I am not sure how to deal with, and would
appreciate any insight anyone could offer.

I am running on Mac OS X 10.5 and have a reasonably large tool chain including
python, PyQt, Numpy... If I do a "which python", I get "Mach-O executable i386".

I need to call some commercial 3rd party C extension code that is 64 bit. Am I
just out of luck or is there something that I can do?

thanks,
Danny