Reading/Writing files

Jon Herman jfc.herman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:56:23 EDT 2011

Jack,

thanks.

Alright, so what I did is create a file called hello.txt with a single line
of text in there. I then did the following:

f="fulldirectory\hello.txt" (where fulldirectory is of course the actual
full directory on my computer)
open("f", "w")

And I get the following error: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'f'
If I open to read, I get: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'f'

Can anyone explain to me why this happens?