os.stat bug?

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Thu Mar 24 11:40:07 EDT 2011

> It's the OS kernel. If it was Python or the C library, sending SIGKILL
> would result in immediate termination.
>
> Is the disk interface operating in PIO mode? A slow disk shouldn't cause
> 100% CPU consumption; the OS would just get on with something else (or
> just idle) while waiting for data to become available. But if it's
> having to copy data from the controller one word at a time, that could
> cause it (and would also make the disk appear slow).

This is a RAID 1+0 array with 10 hard disks plus a SCSI controller with
2GB write back cache. I don't think that it has to do anything with disk
speed. The CPU load goes up to 100% (the disk I/O does not go up that much).

I'm working about a different storage method. We will be storing these
logs in a real database instead of separate CSV files. So probably this
problem will cease.

Thanks,

    Laszlo