Guido rethinking removal of cmp from sort method

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 26 13:53:17 EDT 2011

On 3/26/2011 4:49 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:04:02 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:

>> Call me crazy,

I would call you a bit ungrateful. Steven could have stayed silent
instead of making himself a target by informing interested people on
this list about the pydev post by Guido.

 >> but you seem to be overlooking a lot of things in your
>> zeal to prove your point.

The only point I have seen him 'push' it that it will take a good
argument to move Guido (and other developers) from 'possibly' to "I (we)
made a mistake. Let's revert."

Don't shoot the messenger.

> And what point would that be?

That you like Python and want to see it improved even further, as do I ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy