Incompatible _sqlite3.so

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Sun Mar 27 17:24:13 EDT 2011

I have python 2.6.5 on my main workstation with ubuntu 10.04. I am
attempting to set up a temporary test platform on an asus netbook
with slax running from an SD card. I have installed a python 2.7
module on the slax OS. (I can't find a python 2.6.5 module for
slax). For those who don't know, slax is a "pocket" OS and is very
limited. In the original slax install with python 2.7, there is not
_sqlite3.so available. I copied _sqlite3.so from my workstation and
I am getting the following error message:
"... undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8."

I suspect that this is a version problem. I'd like to try
_sqlite3.so for python 2.7 (32-bit). If anyone has one or can tell
me where get one, I would appreciate it. I am reluctant to install
2.7 on my workstation right now.

thanks
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com