best python games?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:17:49 EDT 2011

Paul Rudin <paul.nos... at rudin.co.uk> wrote:
> Apparently Eve Online is (stackless) python.

I've dropped a ridiculous number of hours into EVE this year alone but
I'd be very hesitant to ever mention "best" in relation to its
coding :)

It uses way too much floating point incorrectly, the in-game
calculator gives the result of 878.53 - 874.20 as 4.3299999999999. I'm
pretty sure this is also why occasionally you'll be left with 1 0.01m3
unit out of 39,0000 with the storage container complaining it's full
at 38,9999.99.

CCP's devs have been raving about their radical new "Inventory
Setification" code optimisation which is - as far as I can tell -
simply changing some internal representations from lists to sets and
gaining from recent performance tweaks.

EVE is very much a game I play in spite of the implementation :(

Civ 4 used it for most of the gameplay and interface, I believe,
wrapping more performant libraries for the graphics & audio.