send function keys to a legacy DOS program

Tue Mar 29 20:38:36 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Alexander Gattin <xrgtn at yandex.ru> wrote:
> I'm not sure regarding the ASCII part. I think it
> might need to be set to 0x00 for all functional
> keys instead of 0x3F/0x3C/0x41, but probably no
> application actually cares.
>
> Another thing is that you may need to send key
> release after key press in order for the
> application to trigger the F5/F2/F7 event. I'm not
> sure what the scan codes for F5/F2/F7 releases
> are, but think that they may be:
>
> F5: 0xBF
> F2: 0xBC
> F7: 0xC1
>
> --
> With best regards,
> xrgtn

appreciate all the help.
unfortunately, my hard drive crashed and badly.
thus was unable to investigate this further.
as I was running out of time, we're now going for a reimplementation
of the legacy barcode program.
was fortunate to find an implementation that gives the same output
(we're testing thoroughly and we may have found a winner)

oh btw, it was a seagate  250GB drive for my dell laptop
may need to pay somebody to try to recover my personal files.
all work files are in version control so they're ok