Python3 Tkinter difficulty

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Tue Mar 29 22:46:08 EDT 2011

Terry Reedy wrote:
> [python] 3.2 (which you should definitely be starting with) should, I think, be
> looking for [dev-tk] 8.5, which I believe is years old now and required, I also
> believe, for the tkinter.ttk module.

Thanks everyone for your patience, and certainly for your help. I pulled
down tk-dev 8.5 from the repository (I did not modify anything in the
config setup.py manually), then this:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/local/python3
make
make install

This time the build process picked up the TclTk headers just fine and
built the _tkinter module. IDLE is back on-line!--- yessssss.

Thanks again folks,
kind regards,

m harris