Learn Python the Hardway exercise 11 question 4

eryksun () eryksun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:43:47 EDT 2011

On Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:35:42 PM UTC-4, Chris Angelico wrote:

> I was trolling, I know the reasons behind it. Anyway, most people
> don't share code by email! (Actually, since you seem to be the author
> of that page - could you address that particular point? I think it's
> probably as big an issue as any of the others, to today's coders -
> "code semantics get destroyed by forums/email/etc/etc/etc".)
>
> Solution: All emailed code should begin with
> from __future__ import braces
> And there you are, out of your difficulty at once!

You could paste it as a base64 stream, such as:

> ZGVmIHNwYW0oKToNCiAgICBwcmludCAiU3BhbSEg
> TG92ZWx5IHNwYW0hIExvdmVseSBzcGFtISI=

Then decode and exec:

In [1]: import base64

In [2]: %cpaste
Pasting code; enter '--' alone on the line to stop.
:code="""> ZGVmIHNwYW0oKToNCiAgICBwcmludCAiU3BhbSEg
:> TG92ZWx5IHNwYW0hIExvdmVseSBzcGFtISI="""
:--

In [3]: print base64.b64decode(code)
def spam():
    print "Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!"