minimal python27.dll?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sun May 1 08:49:13 EDT 2011

> I have vague recollections that pythonXY.dll could not be statically
> linked on Windows, or that doing so causes some serious loss of
> functionality.  Was this ever true, and is it still?

You'll have to rebuild Python to make use of static linkage, of course,
but then: it is certainly possible. The main functionality that you
lose is the ability to load extension modules (.pyd files). Whether
that's a serious loss or not depends on your application - in cases
where you want static linkage, you can often accept not being able
to do dynamic linkage.

Regards,
Martin