Fibonacci series recursion error

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon May 2 20:21:45 EDT 2011

On Mon, 02 May 2011 21:02:43 +0100, Hans Georg Schaathun wrote:

> The other arguments are valid.  And they make me lean more towards more
> static, compiled languages without the excessive run-time dynamism of
> python.

If you value runtime efficiency over development time, sure. There are
plenty of languages which have made that decision: Pascal, C, Java, Lisp,
Forth, and many more.

Python aims at acceptable performance (between 10 and 100 times slower
than C) and much easier development (between 10 and 100 times faster than
C *wink*). If that tradeoff doesn't suit you, perhaps Python is not the
language for you.

--
Steven