What other languages use the same data model as Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:20:34 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Hans Georg Schaathun <hg at schaathun.net> wrote:
> It is contorted and implementation-level because it is one level below
> the abstraction assumed by the language.  It only works by assuming
> knowledge of C, which is language which has proved unsuitable for
> complex and abstract data modelling.  Digging down into C should be
> unnecessary to explain Python.

Sometimes, to explain Python, you need to dig down to the underlying
hardware - even deeper than C, if you like. And that's always going to
be the way, because abstractions leak from time to time. Or I should
say, they occasionally have confidential briefings with the press.
Abstracting everything perfectly is neither possible nor desirable.

Chris Angelico