Development tools and practices for Pythonistas

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Wed May 4 14:06:49 EDT 2011

rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> writes:

>> I actually use rcs in Windows. Needs a little setup, but works great,
>> from Emacs VC-mode too.
>
> Where do you get it?
> [What google is showing seems to be about 10-15 years old]

As far as I know, RCS hasn't been updated since 5.7 which is about 10
years old now. Linux distributions also package the same version. I
use the stuff from rcs57pc1.zip, at ftp://ftp.cs.purdue.edu/pub/RCS/

The package includes also comparison tools cmp, diff, diff3, sdiff as
win32 versions. I suppose one would need to recompile if 64-bit
versions were needed.

The setup I mentioned was just setting RCSINIT to -x,v although I
don't remember now why I needed that.