What other languages use the same data model as Python?

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Thu May 5 12:58:46 EDT 2011

Grant Edwards wrote:
> That's what I was trying to say, but probably not as clearly.  The "&"
> operatore returnas a_value_  that the OP passes_by_value_  to a
> function.  That function then uses the "*" operator to use that value
> to access some data.

I'm gonna try a D'Aprano-style bogus argument for a moment...

... saying that 'C' does not support pass-by-reference because you have
to direct the compiler with the '&' and '*' characters is a little like
saying that

      Python does not support decorations ! ...

...  because you have to direct the interpreter with some

@ bogus-decorator-syntax

      I want Python to support decorations automatically !

;-)