What other languages use the same data model as Python?

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Mon May 9 06:38:30 EDT 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:52:27 +1200, Gregory Ewing
  <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
:  Let me save you from guessing. I'm thinking of a piece of paper with
:  a little box on it and the name 'a' written beside it. There is an
:  arrow from that box to a bigger box.
:
:                              +-------------+
:        +---+                 |             |

The flaw of this model, and I am not discounting its merits, just
pointing out that it isn't perfect, is that it creates the illusion
that references are boxes (objects) just like data objects, leading
the reader to think that we could have a reference to a reference.
If they are all boxes, by can't we make reference thereto?

--
:-- Hans Georg