checking if a list is empty

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Mon May 9 20:19:55 EDT 2011

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> If I were talking to a programming n00b, I would have been more careful,
> but you've made numerous references to your long, long programming
> experience and I thought you would be able to draw the obvious connection
> without me insulting you by stating the obvious.

Pedantics is always potentially insulting, which was your intent, me
thinks. Whether I choose to be insulted is my own prerogative, and I
choose to 'not' be insulted. I would only suggest an argumentation style
that is clear, 'not' pedantic, and 'not' potentially insulting when
possible. (not necessarily for my sake)

uh,  not bool(insulting)

kind regards,
m harris