A suggestion for an easy logger

TheSaint nobody at nowhere.net.no
Tue May 10 06:06:02 EDT 2011

Vinay Sajip wrote:

> No, you can pass keyword arguments in any order - that's what makes
> them keyword, as opposed to positional, arguments.

I getting puzzled :)
==================================code==================================
myself at laptop-~> python
Python 3.2 (r32:88445, Apr 15 2011, 11:09:05)
[GCC 4.5.2 20110127 (prerelease)] on linux2
>>> import logging, sys
>>> logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG, format='%(message)s')
>>> sh = logging.StreamHandler(sys.stdout)
>>> sh.terminator = ''
>>> logging.getLogger().addHandler(sh)
>>> logging.debug('here we are')
here we are
here we are>>> print(logging.__version__)
0.5.1.2
==================================code==================================

Terminator is removed, but as you stated it's doing double print-out
One more point is, if you'd have the time to look back to one of the first
posts, that the leading *"DEBUG:root:"* doesn't show :-/
It's reported herein the version of Python and logging module's version.

For my thinking I'd go to look into the code and docs as well, to understand
what I should do to have my 4 way of logging.
I repeat, I'm very new on using logging module, but I should go in that way,
it isn't necessary to re-invent the wheel :).
Also I'd like to say that's only for my own learning, which I do as hobby.

--
goto /dev/null