pymultimouse access violation error

jpiee at aim.com jpiee at aim.com
Wed May 11 20:52:26 EDT 2011

 A couple of years back  Oscar Lindberg wrote a program called pymultimouse, which has a homepage at http://code.google.com/p/pymultimouse/. I've been using the file rawinputreader.py, which is avaliable in the zipped folder in the downloads section of the above link.

I'm trying to get raw mouse input in a program I'm working on, and I've been trying to use pymultimouse . I'm trying to run the code he's got, but it uses ctypes, and when I try to run I'm getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\jmite\rawinputreader.py", line 324, in <module>
    pprint.pprint(rir.pollEvents())
  File "C:\Users\jmite\rawinputreader.py", line 210, in pollEvents
    windll.user32.DispatchMessageA(pMsg)
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000001

Does anybody have ideas as to how the code could be patched to possibly fix this? There's only been one release of it, and other people seem to be able to run it just fine, so is it possibly something machine specific?
I'm new to python, let alone ctypes and win32 modules, so any help would be tremendously wonderful at this point.

Thanks!

Jmite