checking if a list is empty

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Thu May 12 03:28:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:46:38 +1000, Ben Finney
  <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
:  Hans Georg Schaathun <hg at schaathun.net> writes:
:
: > On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:31:45 -0700 (PDT), alex23
: >   <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
: > :  On May 12, 7:24 am, harrismh777 <harrismh... at charter.net> wrote:
: > : > We need to move away from 'canned apps' to a new day where
: > : > the masses can sit down to their computer and solve new problems with it
: > : > through intuitive language skills.  Why not?
: > :
: > :  Because the vast majority of them don't seem to want to be bothered?
:  >
: > Why does that matter?  There is a sizeable group who need computers
: > for purposes not (sufficiently) supported by the `canned apps'.
:
:  Those people, outnumbered by the masses as you say, are thereby not
:  themselves “the masses”.

So what?  Do we only need solutions and systems for the masses?

What about systems for those who develop systems for the masses?
Or the theory necessary to develop the systems to develop more
advanced systems for the masses in the future?

Get real, software development and programming is more than just
overpriced web systems that just almost manage to replicate the
functionality of IBM page based terminals and mainframes of 1973,
just slower and with more eye candy.

--
:-- Hans Georg