Python 2.7 Debian 6.0. Squeeze

Jorge Romero jorgeromero178 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 12:03:26 EDT 2011

Actually came back with some feedback to my own question.

The following repositories do the job:

# /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get install python2.7
$ python --version
Python 2.6.6
$ python2.7 --version
Python 2.7.1+

If you need 2.7 as default runtime:

$ update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.7 10

This is the first time I need two Python instances, so might helpful for
someone in the same position. Any further help feel free to reply.

Cheers.

--
Jorge Romero