Get IP address of WIFI interface

Ishwor Gurung ishwor.gurung at gmail.com
Sat May 14 01:41:05 EDT 2011

Hi.

On 14 May 2011 14:46, Far.Runner <far.runner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Python Experts:
> There are two network interfaces on my laptop, one is
> 100M Ethernet interface, the other is wifi interface, both are connected and
> has an IP address. then the question is: how to get the ip address of the
> wifi interface in a python script?
> OS: Windows or Linux

Detect the OS with os.name and branch out to specific use case.

The specific functionality can be implemented 2 ways:
1/ Regular expression pattern match
2/ Substring match and splits

The subprocess module will then let you run those commands.
1/ posix - (Linux in your case) will use ifconfig
2/ nt - (windows in your ase) will use ipconfig.

HTH.

--

Regards
Ishwor Gurung