turn monitor off and on

harrismh777 harrismh777 at charter.net
Sat May 14 03:20:55 EDT 2011

harrismh777 wrote:

> def turnOnMonitor():
>     SC_MONITORPOWER = 0xF170
>     win32gui.SendMessage(win32con.HWND_BROADCAST,
> win32con.WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MONITORPOWER, -1)

I've never tried turning my monitor on/off without using my finger...
gonna have to play with this...  wouldn't that be a great script kiddie
tool... just turn off all the windows monitors around the world... no
problem(s) after that...

... what happens if you try to turn it back on with your finger... ?

... I have another idea... while its off, try pushing the alt key on
your keyboard... or moving your mouse... (come back on ? )

kind regards,
m harris