obviscating python code for distribution

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon May 16 20:30:22 EDT 2011

"Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler at tysdomain.com> writes:

> Anyway, thanks to everyone else who answered this thread. I've not
> done much like this besides muds, and all the logic is on the server
> there, I think I will build the client in python, open source it for
> people to fix/add to if they want and make sure to keep the server as
> secure as it can be.

Sounds like a good approach to me that doesn't treat users as
necessarily hostile.

I wish you good fortune in building a strong community around the game
so that it can defend itself from cheaters, and a free-software client
will IMO promote exactly that.

--
 \           “I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I |
  `\        consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no |