where to find shared python script?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue May 17 09:10:07 EDT 2011

On 17/05/2011 13:53, Yue Chao wrote:
> I am new to python and thank you for your help!
> the first question is, is there any resource online where we can find
> shared python script (like reading a csv file for ready plot making, I
> know to use csv module while I find it's not good enough) .

I don't know if that specific example is there, but the ActiveState
Python Cookbook is usually a good resource:

   http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/

> The second one is, is there a search function in the our mailing list
> archive http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/. ?

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org+csv%20module&safe=active

There's also the corresponding Google Group:

   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics?lnk

and MarkMail:

   http://python.markmail.org/

and GMane:

   http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general

and quite a few others which republish the list as Web pages

TJG