obviscating python code for distribution

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:47:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Littlefield, Tyler
<tyler at tysdomain.com> wrote:
>>might be secure as long as attackers cannot, say:
> You forgot UFOs.
> Anyway, again, thanks to everyone for the advice, this is good reading.
> Incidentally, I don't know to much about security. I know about rate
> limiting and dos attacks, as well as some others, but I think there's a lot
> more that I don't know--can someone kind of aim me in the right direction
> for some of this? I want to be able to take techniques, break my server and
> then fix it so that can't be done before I head to public with this.

One good thing to do is to just read some of the black hat papers.
They're pretty accessible and even if you don't know everything
they're saying you should be able to get a general feel for things
that way. You might also try working through things like Damn
Vulnerable Web App, if you have the time.

Geremy Condra