English Idiom in Unix: Directory Recursively

Hans Georg Schaathun hg at schaathun.net
Fri May 20 04:48:47 EDT 2011

On 20 May 2011 06:55:35 GMT, Steven D'Aprano
:  On Thu, 19 May 2011 22:13:14 -0700, rusi wrote:
:
: > [I agree with you Xah that recursion is a technical word that should not
: > be foisted onto lay users.]
:
:  I think that is a patronizing remark that under-estimates the
:  intelligence of lay people and over-estimates the difficulty of
:  understanding recursion.

Could we then say that «recursion is a technical word that should
not /unnecessarily/ be foisted onto lay users»?

--
:-- Hans Georg