TK program problem

bvdp bob at mellowood.ca
Fri May 20 19:07:39 EDT 2011

Probably the fix is to use a function :)

> The docs [1] say that a callback is a function, so I guess that if it
> worked before it was just luck.  You should bring it up on the tkinter
> list and see what they have to say about it, though.
>
> I'm a bit confused about why you would want to use a class as a
> callback anyway.  It looks like when the button is clicked it
> instantiates the class and then throws it away?

I have no idea why I used a class like this, expect that it seemed to
work at the time. Yes, the class is instantiated when the button is
clicked. Then, the user stays in the class and uses its methods until
he hits <close> in the class.

So, I guess what's happening is that I'm treating the button click
much like a call to a new program/window which sets some options, etc.
in the main program.

You mention the tkinter group. Ummm, what group is that???

Best,