referring to package scope from module, using relative import?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sat May 21 15:28:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a package with several modules in it. The package also has some objects created
in the package scope (done in the package __init__.py).

Is it possible to access those package scope objects from the modules, with relative
imports or something? So that I don't have to import the package itself in its own
submodules?

Example:

A/
   __init__.py    ->  creates A.something
   thing.py       ->  needs to do "import A"  to access A.something
                      would like to not have to import A

I think it's something simple I'm missing...

Irmen