Abandoning Python

Daniel Kluev dan.kluev at gmail.com
Sat May 21 21:25:21 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 2:49 AM, John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
> Here's my wishlist (not really in any order):

How come pony is not listed there? Language cannot be better than
python without pony!

>  * An even larger user base, contributing more and better free and
>   commercial software.

According to all language popularity indexes [1-10], C# and
Objective-C are only languages which have any chance to fulfill these
requirements, but they arguably less flexible than python and have
copyright/patent complications.
As there is rather heavy inertia in software development community,
expecting some language to acquire "even larger user base" is
hopeless.

Also, most of these complaints could be solved by using correct python
dialect for particular task - RPython, Cython and so on.

--
With best regards,
Daniel Kluev