Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sat May 21 21:50:03 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> They considered Haskell and OCaml and not a single mention of Perl?

Perl is like 10 languages smushed together.  To write it, you need only
learn one of the 10.   To read someone else's, you don't know what subset of
those 10 they've used until you get deep into the code.

IOW, it's a kitchen sink language - the kind, I believe, that my comparative
languages professor would have described as  "offensive".