Abandoning Python

John Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun May 22 17:01:00 EDT 2011

Dan Stromberg <drsalists <at> gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> Pylint does type inferencing - I find it very valuable on large projects, and
> even some not-so-large projects.I doubt Pylint's been integrated into any
> IDE's,
[...]

That's interesting, thanks.  I see this is a different pylint than the old
logilab pylint.  Unfortunate choice of name, since it makes it hard to find IDE
integration work that's already done.

> But PyCharm probably has refactoring.  For a bolt-on to vim or
> emacs, you might look at "Rope".

TBH, I'm not interested in Python refactoring tools until everybody starts
shouting that they're reliable and useful (because it seems like a hard problem
to solve, so I guess most implementations will be more trouble than they're
worth).

John