Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Ulrich Eckhardt ulrich.eckhardt at dominolaser.com
Mon May 23 06:56:45 EDT 2011

Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Somebody told that C# and Objective C are good languages. They might be
> good, but they are proprietary, and not only that they are proprietary,
> but they need to be ran under platforms that cannot be used freely, so
> from the freedom point of view, Perl, Ruby, Python and Java are the ways
> to go.

Ahem, is this Java the language that a certain, well-known service provider
is getting screwed over hard currently, because they forgot to read the
fineprint in the declaration of freedom? And this Objective C, isn't this
the language that GCC had support for since before it properly supported
C++, and that on a multitude of targets?

I'm probably just confusedly feeding flames here, but I like it snug and
warm. (:

Uli

--
Domino Laser GmbH