Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Mon May 23 07:17:59 EDT 2011

From: "Daniel Kluev" <dan.kluev at gmail.com>
>> Can it also set the current locale, for example romanian, and print the
>> name of the current month?
>> ...something like t1.date.set_locale('ro').month_name?
>
> There is separate module for date localization. You can pass datetime
> object to it and it will give you needed value.

Aha, so with other words that ORM doesn't have that feature.
DBIX::Class also use the DateTime module, but it can use it directly,
without needing to write more code for that, and it can also return
localized dates.

>> The ones that bash other languages on the mailing list for their prefered
>> language should provide good comparisons and not just make false
>> statements
>
> That would be valid if I would 'bash other languages', but I just
> responded to your claim that Perl has advanced modules which are not

No you haven't responded because you haven't shown any thing that can be
done by the web framework and the ORM you are praising but can't be done by
Catalyst and DBIx::Class, however I have shown you that DBIx::Class can
return DateTime objects directly, without needing to load the DateTime
module manually and to initialize the DateTime object manually...

And don't take my words out of the context, because I have also answered to
another list member that was bashing Perl without offering other helpful
information than just that kind of jokes which are usually made by teenagers
under 30.

Octavian