Python 2.6 and timezones

loial jldunn2000 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 07:56:29 EDT 2011

Thanks...but being a python newbie I am struggling to understand how
to do this.

How can I use tzinfo to do the equivalent of what I do in Java, which
is  :

    TimeZone tz1 = TimeZone.getDefault();

    long localOffset = tz1.getOffset(date.getTime());

    TimeZone tz2 = TimeZone.getTimeZone("EST");

    long remoteOffset = tz2.getOffset(date.getTime());

Any help appreciated