Abandoning Python

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:21:50 EDT 2011

On May 23, 7:04 pm, Gregory Ewing <greg.ew... at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Falcon seems to collect programming paradigms the way Perl
> collects language features, i.e. by just munging them all
> together and bending parts until they fit.

Not that i am picking on anyone here...

but...

Why is okay to rip apart Perl with jagged metal teeth (and not that i
am complaining mind you) however if anyone even hints about Ruby being
somewhat ...oh let's say "asinine" or how about "redundant"...  all
the Ruby trolls crawl out the woodwork and start bashing you in the
head with a recursive iterator? Do they not understand that Ruby is
nothing more than Perl's "mini-me" bent on displacing the glory of
Python with Perl style obfuscation, squiggly variable decorators, and
redundant syntaxes so horrific that even Tim Toady would blush in
embarrassment?