Why did Quora choose Python for its development?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:10:56 EDT 2011

From: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at druid.net>

> On Tue, 24 May 2011 00:17:55 -0500
> John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:
>> > $d = @a;
>>
>> That will give you the number of elements in @a. What you (probably)
>> mean is %hash = @array;
>
> If I was even considering using Perl, this one exchange would send me
> screaming in the opposite direction.

If you didn't consider to change the language you prefer it means that you are closed minded and use to fell in love with the tools you use.
Don't make me tell here how many things I don't like in Perl.
I use to tell those things on Perl mailing lists and make upset their members. :-)

Similarly, if you don't like something in Perl, why don't you tell them what you don't like to the Perl programmers community and not just have the guts to tell that in a group where the majority share your preferences.
I came here on the list to find good things about Python and to learn some things and use its good parts, and not to hear bashing about other programming languages.

Octavian